In Chef Julia’s recipe, lamb plays well off the cured bacon while the salsa verde cuts the pork fat and brightens the loin chops. It’s simple, delicious, and totally satisfying!
Romney lamb loin chops
1. Trim lamb chops of any excess fat.
2. Wrap bacon around loin chops covering as much of the meat as possible and secure the bacon with toothpicks.
3. Bake on a sheet pan at 400°F until bacon is crispy, at that point the lamb should be perfectly cooked.
1. Chop equal parts shallot, garlic and anchovies and combine with double the amount of chopped parsley.
2. Mix the chopped ingredients with the zest of one lemon and drizzle with olive oil.