1 Bone in Boston Butt piece from Heritage Foods USA
2 limes (whole) cut into quarters
Juice from 2 limes
1 small White Onion
5 Garlic Cloves
1 whole Jalepeno
2 cups fresh Parsley (stems and leaves)
1 cup Fresh Thyme (stems and leaves)
1 cup Fresh Cilantro (stems and leaves) optional
3 fresh Bay Leaves
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
Salt and pepper
This is a two day process:
– Add everything into a blender except the oil, begin on slow speed.
– Once everything is combined add oil slowly.
– You’ll end up with a green shake! Pour this onto the pork butt rubbing it everywhere. Let marinade overnight.
– Next day salt and pepper the butt aggressively, put into a casserole pan deep enough to cover the meat at least half way. Cover with aluminum foil and slow roast on 275 degrees for 10 to 12 hours.
– Meat should fall apart when touched, check the meat closest to the bone, if it doesn’t come away from the bone easily it should cook another hour.
(serve with side of rice and beans, in tacos, or burritos)
Julia Jaksic is the Executive Chef Employees Only. Her Croatian-American roots continue to inspire her charcuterie and her appreciation for local and seasonal ingredients.