Dear Heritage Foods USA Supporter,
Thanksgiving is a little over a week away, and we're finalizing our plans for the big ship day on Monday. If you ordered a turkey we hope your doorsteps are ready - you will receive your tracking number this week as we create your label. The tracking number will be live and ready to track on Monday the 21st. Don't forget to review your shipping information one last time!
Now it's time to think of other dishes for the big dinner and weekend. What will you make to compliment your delicious Heritage turkey? How about a Heritage spin on a classic dish: the good ol' meatloaf. We're excited to bring you our very own Heritage Meatloaf package, which features 3 lbs each of Piedmontese ground beef, Heritage ground pork and Good Shepherd Poultry Ranch ground chicken.
Our ground meat comes from great cuts and has delectable flavor:
- the Piedmontese ground beef comes from the shoulder piece of the chuck, and has that classic rich flavor with medium fat;
- our Red Wattle and Berkshire Heritage ground pork comes from the sirloin and ham trim, and is lean but amazingly juicy;
- our Good Shepherd Poultry Ranch ground chicken is sourced from the thighs, and is flavorful but easy on the palate.
Need some inspiration for your meatloaf? Why not try Mark Bittman's mouth-watering recipe with our Heritage Meatloaf package. Add a little kick with our Whiskey Barrel Smoked Bacon from our friends at Rock Mountain Bacon. Order yours today and receive them just in time for Thanksgiving!
Mark Bittman's Meatloaf
Courtesy of Mark Bittman
1/2cup bread crumbs, preferably fresh
2 pounds mixed ground meats: beef, veal, lamb, and/or pork (you can use turkey or chicken also if you like)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4cup minced fresh parsley leaves
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 small onion, minced
1 small carrot, minced
1 teaspoon minced fresh sage leaves or 1 pinch dried sage leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 slices bacon (optional but good, especially if the meat is very lean)
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Soak the bread crumbs in the milk until the milk is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
2. Mix together all the ingredients except the bacon. Shape the meat into a loaf in a baking pan; top with the bacon if you like. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, basting occasionally with the rendered pan juices. When done, the meat loaf will be browned lightly and firm and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center will read 160°F.
Whiskey Barrel Smoked Bacon
Our friends over at Rocky Mountain Bacon cure Heritage pork bellies to produce their one of a kind Whiskey Barrel Smoked Bacon. They use a natural curing process that produces fresh, simple and flavorful bacon - you can count the ingredients on one hand: salt, raw sugar, maple granules, water and of course, whiskey.
This bacon also contains no nitrates or nitrites, so you can feel good about your indulgence. An order of Rocky Mountain Bacon comes with 6 lbs of porky goodness.
Order yours today to arrive just in time for Thanksgiving!
Rocky Mountain Bacon (6lbs)
Heritage Turkeys Arrive 11/22
Click Here to Order
Final call for turkeys! We have turkeys available in 8 to 10 lbs but our numbers are running low so reserve yours today.
If you ordered a turkey you will receive your tracking number this week as we create your label. The tracking number will be live and ready to track on Monday the 21st. Don't forget to review your shipping information one last time!
Heritage Foods USA
The Source for Authentic American Heritage Foods
Heritage Foods USA has been featured as a Company of the Year in Bon Appetit, House & Garden, Newsweek, Saveur Magazine and The New York Times Magazine.
Contact us with questions or ideas, look out for weekly announcements and
read new recipes, by visiting: www.HeritageFoodsUSA.com.
You can listen to our shows on The Heritage Radio Network by visiting : HeritageRadioNetwork.com
402 Graham Ave. Box 198
Brooklyn, NY 11211